In addition to be assessed on their understanding and application of the Engineering Design Process, students will also be graded on how well they demonstrate the school’s Habits of Work and Learning (HOWLs): Respect, Responsibility, and Perseverance.
- I treat others with kindness and respect.
- I use classroom tools and materials safely and respectfully.
- I clean up at the end of class and return all items where they belong.
- I arrive to class on time and come prepared to work.
- I collaborate with my peers and complete all tasks to the best of my ability.
- I can work independently and try to solve problems before asking for help.
- I take academic risks and use creative problem solving.
- I learn from failure and revise my work based on feedback.
- I use iteration to produce my best work and will not settle for “good enough”.